Before Shipping to Our Warehouses
Creating an Account
We want to get your package home as efficiently and quickly as possible. Creating an account and registering your credit card allows us to specifically track your items and get them shipped out immediately.
Having trouble setting things up? We’re happy to talk you through it—really. Just call us.
Choosing a Membership Level
To give customers even more flexibility, Ship to Hawaii offers three membership levels tailored to how much you plan to ship each year.
$20/year; 1200-pound annual limit; no service charges.
$75/year; unlimited shipment weights; no service charges.
Just the basics. No annual fee; 600-pound annual limit; per shipment service charges equal to 10% of each order’s shipping charge.
Not sure which to choose? Call us—we’re happy to guide you to the one that best fits your shipping needs.
Calculating Shipping Cost
Note: Maximum dimensions for Air Freight shipments cannot exceed the following measurements:
Length - 80 inches / Width - 60 inches / Height - 60 inches
Our warehouse staff in Carson, CA determines shipping charges by calculating the dimensional weight of the package, and then comparing it to the actual weight. Whichever is greater will determine your shipping costs.
Dimensional weight, also called "dim" weight, applies to air shipments. Dimensional weight is used because the space a package takes on an aircraft may cost more than the package's actual weight. If someone ships a large box of foam that weighs almost nothing but takes up a lot of space on the aircraft, dimensional weight ensures that there is a fair cost associated with that package. Dimensional weight is calculated by using the following formula:
L x W x H (cubic inches) / 194 = Dimensional Weight.
Example: 30" x 24" x 22" = 15,840 / 194 = 82 lbs. (round up to the nearest pound)
Girth is the widest point around any object.
All ocean freight is billed in cubic feet. Our warehouse staff in Carson, CA determines shipping charges by taking the dimensions of the shipment to calculate the total number of cubic feet. Cubic feet is calculated by using the following formula:
L x W x H (inches) / 1728 = Cubic Feet.
Example: 48" x 42" x 25" = 50,400 / 1728 = 30 cubic feet. (round up to the nearest cubic foot)
When you create an account and choose a membership level, you’ll receive our warehouses’ full addresses and instructions about how to use your Member ID when directing packages there.
Right now, here’s the city and zip code to help you better comparison shop.
Watson Center Road, Carson, CA - 90745
S. Wilmington Ave, Carson, CA - 90745
- Compare shipping costs at the retailer to Ship to Hawaii service charges.
- Obtain product dimensions when packed for shipping.
- Know the retailer’s return and damaged items policies before shipping.
- Order items via the Internet, catalog or phone.
- Have your Member ID and assigned warehouse address on hand.
- Double check that you’ve entered the correct warehouse address for your choice of air or ocean shipping to avoid the “wrong warehouse” delivery fee.
- Make a plan for how you will pick up your item, especially if it’s oversized.
Some items cannot be sent via Air Freight and Ocean Freight
- Perishable goods
- Goods requiring protection from heat or cold
- Goods worth more than the maximum allowed declared value ($5000)
- Antiques or museum articles
- Fragile items such as glassware, mirrors, items containing or made up of marble, ceramic porcelain, glass, or ostrich eggs
- Jewelry, furs, precious metals
- Stocks, bonds, cash, cash equivalents
- Hazardous or dangerous materials (including anything flammable, corrosive, explosive, infectious, or radioactive, including all batteries)
- Firearms or fireworks, including ammunition
- Alcohol (Due to federal regulations, our CA warehouses cannot accept any alcoholic beverages for interstate transport
- Live animals or plants
- Motorcycles (can be shipped via Ocean Freight)
- Golf Carts
- Surfboards (can be shipped via Ocean Freight)
Ship to Hawaii will insure new items valued up to $1000 for an additional fee--just declare the contents and value of your package via your online account.
The item must be brand new and purchased within 2 business days from your vendor and delivered directly to our warehouse.
Personal/Household/Used items are not insurable. Also not insurable are items listed on our prohibited list.
Insurance up to the $5000 maximum declared value per item is also available--please contact us for a quote.
If you choose not to insure your items at all, Ship to Hawaii is not responsible for any loss or damage.
To purchase insurance, simply log into your Shp to Hawaii account and you can purchase it from there.
Ordering from a few different retailers or multiple packages from one retailer? Contact us and let us know what you’re shipping from which retailers, and we can consolidate all of your orders in one ocean freight shipment.
*not available for air freight
Obtaining Shipping Dimensions
Ship to Hawaii calculates cost using shipping dimensions of your product, not assembled dimensions. A smaller shipping size results in more cost savings so it’s important to obtain the correct dimensions. If necessary, contact the retailer’s customer service to confirm before ordering.
Payments and Invoices
Shipping costs are automatically charged to the credit card registered to your account. Invoices are available to view and print from our website after log-in.
Rest assured, all credit card transactions are encrypted and run through a nationally recognized bank with more than 10 years of internet transaction experience.